Crossing Permit Contact Information
Fax: (970) 563-0387
Please make sure that your permit is valid for all employees. It is the permittee’s responsibility as a permit holder to have all valid documents in every vehicle on the reservation.
- Day: $35 per company
- Week: $75 per company
- Month: $150 per company
- Annual: $500 per company
- Vehicle Decals: $40 per vehicle
- Tribal Member Business (100% owned/operated): no fee
Companies obtaining an annual permit are required to purchase vehicle decals. Decals are not required for equipment or trailers. Decals must be permanently affixed to the driver’s side of the windshield. Not doing so may result in cause for revocation of your permit!
- Purpose and MAP: Crossing permits are only valid for the location(s) stated on your crossing permit. The Crossing Permit does not allow you to be on Tribal land for any other activities that have not been otherwise authorized by the Southern Ute Indian Tribe (i.e. Hunting, Camping, Sight Seeing, Hiking). If the permit is for the “Oil & Gas Field” please download and print out the Oil and Gasfield Map. This map must be attached to every copy of the crossing permit. If you are performing any type of activity on land adjacent to Tribal land that may involve your being on Tribal land (i.e. fence building, or any type of surveying) you must first receive authorization from the Department of Natural Resources / Lands Division, at (970) 563-0126.
- Copy of Permit: The Crossing Permit is not valid unless the employee crossing the reservation has a valid copy of the crossing permit in his/her possession with copies of: 1) a Company Employee/Vehicle List that includes employees’ names and descriptions (year, make model, color, license plate number and state) of all company vehicles, and 2) a copy of the map
- Decal: Your annual permit is only valid if your decal is permanently placed in the lower left hand corner of the vehicle windshield that is registered on your vehicle and personnel list. Decals are not required for vehicles on short term permits.
- PLEASE HAVE ALL OF YOUR EMPLOYEES READ THIS PAGE AND THE STATEMENT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CROSSING PERMIT REGARDING RULES AND REGULATIONS WHILE CROSSING TRIBAL LAND. THIS ACTION COULD SAVE YOU AND YOUR EMPLOYEES FROM BEING CITED FOR VIOLATIONS THAT CAN RESULT IN FINES AND/ OR REVOCATION OF THE PERMIT. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOUR EMPLOYEES UNDERSTAND THE CONDITIONS OF THE PERMIT ISSUED TO YOUR COMPANY.
If you have any questions or if you need further information, please contact the Permits and Rights-of-Way Specialist at (970) 563-0126.
Return to Lands Division