Southern Ute Indian Tribe

Agriculture Division

Department of Natural Resources

Agriculture Division Head

Kevin Mallow
(970) 563-0220


To enhance opportunities for the Southern Ute Tribe and Tribal members to utilize their agricultural properties and individually assigned lands in a manner that will produce income for the Tribe, increase the quality of life for Tribal farmers and their families, and at the same time, protect Tribal resources for future generations.  

Great rates on our Custom Farm work

Come check out our equipment for all of your farming needs. We have some new equipment to help improve the growth of your hay. Ready to harvest your hay? We have swathers, rakes, small balers, a large round baler, large square baler, and stackers. We can help you from start to finish, or if you just need help with part of the process, we can do that too.

We are happy to help with your fertilizing, aeration, v-ripping, land leveling, disking, ditching, corrugating, plowing, planting, and harrowing jobs.

We can also dig those post holes for you. Call 811 for free locates.

Have livestock you need hauled to the sale barn? We offer a great rate for livestock hauling!

Ready to get started on that garden? We can roto-till your ground. Need brush hogging done? Give us a call.

Contact Perry Neil direct at 970-563-2904 or through the Ag Office at 970-563-0220 with all of your farming needs.

Experienced Welder to take care of all of your welding needs

Our welder can take care of any and all of your welding needs from small repairs to fabricating inlet structures, trailer beds and everything in between. Contact Darrel Tuck direct at 970-563-2902 or through the Ag Office at 970-563-0220. He will be happy to give you a quote for your welding job.

Cooperative Fence Agreements for your boundary line fencing needs

Do you need to put up a new boundary fence, or just redo an old one? Come see us and we can help you with the materials to get the job done. Fencing contract applications are available from April 1st through September 30th. We can help you with up to a ½ mile each year.

Weed Spraying for your crop fields

Get rid of those pesky weeds growing in your fields. Contact Jeff McDonald direct at 970-563-2903 or through the Ag Office at 970-563-0220. He will be happy to work up a weed management plan for you.

5 Year Ag Leases & Farm Plans

Need help with a farm plan or have questions about an Ag lease? Give us a call and Kevin will be happy to sit down with you to answer any of your questions.

Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS)

Contact Ed McGraw, NCRS Tribal Liaison at 970-563-2905

Fall Produce Sales

We hold produce sales in the fall each year around the end of September.


Return to Natural Resources Department