Southern Ute Indian Tribe

Frequently Asked Questions

We try to help with as much information as possible. However, we also careful to respect the privacy and confidentiality of the people that we serve.

Q: How do I schedule a tour of the police department?

A: You can contact the administrative assistant at 970-563-0246 and set up an appointment.

Q: I want to talk to someone personally about the actions of an officer, how do I do that?

A: You can speak directly with the Chief of Police because he has an open door policy with the members of the community. Call the administrative assistant and set up a time. If you need to file a formal complaint, the administrative assistant has access to those forms.

Q: I have an idea about how you can serve the community better, who do I call?

A: Community Resources is a good place to start: their phone number is 970-563-0246.

Q: I witnessed a crime, what do I do now?

A: If it is an emergency, call 911 now. If it happened a while ago and you need to report it, call the non-emergency phone number of 970-563-0246. You call is important to us and our response together can help the community.

Q: I am a victim of a crime and I need a protection order, what do I do?

A: You can reach the Victim Services Department at 970-563-0245 and they can help you with the process.