The Southern Ute Drum
The Southern Ute Drum is the Southern Ute Indian Tribe’s biweekly community newspaper.
Our job is to provide the Southern Ute Indian Tribe and its Membership with services in the administration of the Tribal newspaper, Tribal events, and projects assigned by the Tribal government.
Visit The Southern Ute Drum Newspaper Online.
Southern Ute Drum Offices – photo Dana Kopf | Southern Ute MIS Dept.
- Biweekly newspaper – Published every other Friday, the Drum includes articles, photos, letters, notices, ads, job postings, and other content relevant to tribal members. All tribal members are welcome to submit material or request coverage of certain events for the newspaper.
- Tribal calendar – A 14-month calendar distributed to all head-of-households that highlights tribal culture and activities.
- Annual Report – Includes reports and photos from all tribal departments and divisions on their activities each fiscal year.
- Professional photo studio – The studio is open to tribal members for photo shoots. We also do photo shoots on location.
- Photo prints – Professional prints of newspaper photos or other photo projects are available to order.
- Design services – The Drum designs posters, flyers and other promotional materials for various tribal members and departments.
- Editing services – We are available to edit copy for various purposes as requested.
- News archive – The Drum is a reference for tribal members and departments searching for historical information from 1969 onward.
- Public information – We assist TIS in distributing press releases and related materials to the public.
- Community education – Tribal members are welcome to stop by or set up appointments for training in photography, writing or design.
- Public Relations – Employee Appreciation Day, Tribal Fair, Thanksgiving and Christmas tribal dinner.