Visits are scheduled for 30 minutes by appointment only. Visitors will call one (1) day in advance to schedule as follows: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Weekend visits for Saturday and Sunday must be called in by Friday before 5:00 p.m. The number to call and schedule an appointment is: (970) 563-0379.
|Mondays & Fridays
||8:30AM – 11AM
||8:30AM – 11AM & 1PM – 3PM
||8:30AM – 11AM
Visits will not be allowed if you have been incarcerated within 30 days at the Southern Ute Detention Center. Non-contact visits will then be scheduled for the next 60 days. After 90 days from your release date you may have contact visits.
- All Pre-sentenced and Open-sentenced inmates will be Non-Contact visits.
- Local Inmates will receive three (3) thirty (30) minute visits per week.
- Inmate visitors traveling long distance may receive two (2) visits per week up to one (1) hour in length if approved by the Supervising Officer on duty.
- Contact visits may be denied at the discretion of the Director or Designee.
- Food, Drinks, Contraband, Personal Property such as Purses, Diaper Bags, Back Packs, Hats, Cell Phones, Sun Glasses or Jackets, etc are Prohibited from entering the Facility. Please store personal belongings in the Lockers provided in the waiting area. For small children, Allowable items will be two (2) diapers and a Baby Bottle. At no time will staff accept property for the inmates. This includes (Books, Letters and Magazines.)
- One (1) visit per day per inmate. Two (2) visitors per visit, small children that need to be carried are exempt.
- A Picture ID is required at the time of the visit, or the visit will be denied.
- Visitors must be over the age of 18 in order to visit the inmate on your own. Anyone 17 years of age and under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Only a minimal amount of contact will be allowed during the visit i.e. embracing before and after the visit.
Dress Code for Visitors
Must be fully clothed and properly attired. No tank tops, cut off shorts, hats or muscle shirts.
Dresses must be knee length or longer. No shorts, see through blouses, short skirts, sleeveless blouses, hats or other revealing clothing.
The Detention Director or designee may refuse anyone who violates the dress code for visitation.