The Southern Ute Credit Committee is looking for eligible Tribal Member applicants to serve on the Committee. The appointment is for three (3) years. This is a compensated Committee, and, you will be considered an employee of the Tribe, per IRS guidelines. Credit Committee will submit approved applicant recommendation to Tribal Council for final appointment.
Individuals seeking to serve on the Committee must demonstrate a reputation of personal integrity, dependability, honesty, a strong work ethic, and the ability to perform in a non-biased, confidential and fair manner. They must be familiar with the objectives of the Declaration and must maintain good financial standing with the Tribe. These individuals must also pass criminal background and reference checks, per the Credit Committee By-laws.
The duties of the Tribal Credit Committee are:
- Approve loans as required by the Credit Committee Declaration
- Monitor compliance with the Declaration
- Monitor all approved loans for performance
- Make recommendations to Tribal Council on program revisions and updates regarding Committee operations
- Maintain confidentiality, objectivity and fairness in conducting all Committee business
- Hold regular meetings and other special meetings, as needed
- Coordinate the Committee’s annual budget with Tribal Credit Staff
Interested Tribal Members are asked to submit a letter of interest to the Tribal Credit Committee, PO Box 737 #60, Ignacio CO 81137. If you have any questions, please speak with Daniel Larsen, Tribal Credit Division Head, at 970-563-2458.